Storeroom

    Where it all began…

    From 1902 the Storeroom was one of the ironworks’ first buildings. The massive bricks and mortar construction, the round arches and the cast-iron window frames were typical of the architecture of that time. All these elements are clearly recognisable today. The building was used as a workshop up to the First World War. Then it was used as a store (magazine) for materials and spare parts.

    The storeroom was the first of the buildings in the Landscape Park to be restored. When planning for the park began in 1990, the architects moved in here for a short time. The first citizens’ meetings about the proposed “Landscape Park” were held here. Shortly after there followed the creation of a dining area and the setting up on the first floor of “Approaches to Iron”, the exhibition on the history of the ironworks. Since 2002 the rooms have been used for meetings and civic functions.

     

    Follow us on:

    Impressions

    Click on one of the pictures to be able to see it in full screen mode!

    • © Jürgen Dreide
    • © Thomas Berns
    • © Jürgen Dreide
    • © Thomas Berns
    • © Thomas Berns
    • © Thomas Berns

    Further information